Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : June 10th 2014 Contents B6
Guardian www.guardian.co.tt Tuesday, June 10, 2014
The North West Regional Health Authority (NWRHA) is one of the leading Health Care insti-
tutions with responsibility for the management of the Port-of-Spain General Hospital, St.
James Medical Complex, St. Ann's Hospital and 17 Health Centres throughout St. George
West and St. George Central. We are currently seeking to recruit suitably qualified and expe-
rienced persons for the following position:
To provide physiotherapy services to patients/ clients with impairments, functional limita-
tions, disabilities or changes in physiotherapy function and health status resulting from injury,
disease or other causes
- Plans, supervises and administers Physical Therapy treatments, programmes and activities,
including the use of techniques such as massage, exercise, heat rays, electricity,
hydrotherapy, etc. in accordance with procedures prescribed by the Physician .
- Consults with supervisors regarding long term planning for patients' treatment and
communicate patient progress as required, making modifications where necessary
- Supervises, lectures and trains assistants in the administration of therapeutic treatments, in
the maintenance and operation of therapeutic equipment and in the preparation and
maintenance of records, reports and papers.
- Evaluates acute and handicapped patients for required treatments where not specified by
- Communicates with patients' families relative to home programs as required.
- Submits reports to internal and external entities as required
- BSc in Physical Therapy
- Registration with the Council for Professions related to Medicine.
- Minimum of three (3) years' experience in a similar or related field.
The incumbent will perform a variety of Ultrasound procedures.
- Ultrasound scanning of abdominal and superficial structures, obstetrics and gynecological
scans, vascular and neurosonography.
- Interpreting and reporting on the images obtained during an examination.
- Training of Ultrasound students enrolled in a recognized ultrasound program.
- Arranging appointments and giving instructions relevant to the request
- Receiving requests from Wards and ensuring history included on the patient's card is
adequate for prioritizing
- BSc in Radiological Science supplemented by a Diploma in Medical Ultrasound Imaging.
- At least two (2) years experience in Radiological Services prior to enrollment in
- Must be a registered Radiographer with the Council for Professions Related to Medicine.
Counselors know that people are
evaluated by their appearance (this is
a key body language element in first
impressions), and they want their clients
to gain a nonverbal advantage by already
"looking the part."
Office-appropriate attire has certainly
changed over the years. Formal business
suits aren t a requirement in many
workplaces, but the options available
often lead to some questionable choices.
As one management consultant told
me: "In today s world of business casu-
al, it sometimes does seem like any-
thing goes. To be fair, most of my
clients employees display common
sense when making their fashion state-
ments... but I ve also seen some less-
than-subtle expressions of taste (or
lack thereof), even in critical engage-
Clothes make a strong visual state-
ment about how you see yourself. Com-
fort may aid productivity but, in this
era of "Me, Inc." and "the Brand Called
You," are flip-flops, sweats, jeans, and
flashy or revealing clothing part of how
you want to be judged? You might think
you are expressing your individuality,
but you could also be sending the mes-
sage that you re not a serious profes-
Appropriate dress is also a way of
expressing respect for the situation and
the people in it. So, your look may
change depending on the business cir-
Teresa is a public relations profes-
sional -- and a master at dressing for
the role. She loves to wear hot pink,
turquoise and fire-engine red silk dress-
es with stiletto heels and lots of bling
to work in her New York City office.
But the moment she has to meet with
a conservative client, or one who is
going through difficult times, Teresa
transforms herself into a prim profes-
sional whose outfit matches the way
she wants to be perceived. (In her
words, "The success I dress for is that
of my client.") One member of her staff
recalls meeting Teresa at the headquar-
ters of a nonprofit religious organization
where they were to conduct focus
groups. The staff member barely rec-
ognized her stylish boss. By dressing
more like the client, Teresa fit right in.
She looked like one of the nuns!
Clothing has an effect on both the
wearer and the observer. It has been
proven that people are more likely to
give money (charitable donations, tips)
or information to someone if that per-
son is well dressed. And if you ever
watch actors in a play go through their
first dress rehearsal, you ll see first-
hand the amazing transformation that
becomes possible only when people
dress for the part.
Experiment with your appearance.
Notice how people react to you when
you wear certain colours or styles. Then,
based on those reactions and your
career goals, you can make an informed
decision about how you want to "pack-
"Clothing has an effect on both the wearer and the observer. It has been
proven that people are more likely to give money (charitable donations,
tips) or information to someone if that person is well dressed."
Continued from previous page
Links Archive June 9th 2014 June 11th 2014 Navigation Previous Page Next Page