Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : June 12th 2014 Contents B19
Thursday, June 12, 2014 www.guardian.co.tt Guardian
1. Human Resources Officer
Job Summary: The position will be responsible for
the Human Resource portfolio for the staff within
CIMC's Trinidad Office.
• Manages the recruitment process - from inter
view to acceptance;
• Develops and maintain Human Resource
Policies in keeping with Trinidad Labour Code;
• Prepares and execute Employment
Agreements/Contracts in consultation with
the Regional HR Office;
• Manages all Employee Agreements/Contracts
to ensure that contract terms are adhered to;
• Administers employee benefits portfolio;
• Administration of Payroll for local staff to
include making returns under SIPE;
• Prepares Employee verification letters, as
• Engages employees in social activities to
• Manages the Work Permit Process including
extensions of stay and visas;
• Any other duties that may be assigned from
time to time.
Physical Demands: Occasional travel; Sitting long
Training and Experience and Skill Required:
• A BSc Degree in Human Resource
Management or Business Administration.
• At least three (3) years experiences in a
• Ability to communicate both orally and in
writing in English and Spanish.
• Excellent knowledge of Trinidad Labour laws
• Have strong ethical standards
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel etc.
2. Financial Assistant
Job Summary: This incumbent is responsible to
provide treasury analysis mainly
focusing on banking activities and
to analyze various data to create,
validate and process the necessary
• Create journal entries to initially record or to
make adjustment to the General Ledger.
• Verify that the correct selling, general &
administrative (SG&A) category assigned
have been used to generate and entry.
• Maintain monthly bank reconciliation for G/L
• Maintain correct bank account balances with
each financial institution.
• Communicate with Finance Manager/Account
Manager of deviations in bank balances.
• Review payroll data monthly and complete
submission to the bank.
Physical Demands: Long hours on the phone;
long hours sitting; long hours
at work including week-ends.
Education and Skills Required:
• BSc Finance or related discipline;
• 2 years' experience in similar position;
• Highly responsive with strong organizational skills;
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite especially
• Ability to work under pressure and to meet
tight delivery deadlines;
• Accuracy and attention to detail in all aspects
of service delivery, documentation and reporting;
• Flexible and positive attitude to work with a
strong team ethic; Excellent communication
• Transport Executives and staff to and from
• Direct passengers to their destination, using
the most efficient route.
• See to the maintenance of the assigned
vehicle including servicing, fuelling and weekly
washing of the vehicle and report any vehicu
lar problems to immediate Supervisor.
• Keep a log of repairs to the vehicle.
• Any other duties that may be assigned from
time to time
Education and Skills Required
• Completed secondary education
• At least 5 years experience as a Driver
• Possess a valid Driver's License
• Possess a Defensive Driving Certificate
• Excellent driving skills
• Ability to troubleshoot basic mechanical issues etc.
Contact person: Sonia Liu, Jemmy, Andy
Tel: 333-4892; 327-8539; 291-7913
CHINA HARBOUR ENGINEERING COMPANY (T&T) LIMITED
is looking for individuals of the following positions:
Coco Velvet International Fashion
Management will conduct inter-
views tomorrow at Nalis, Abercrom-
by St, Port-of-Spain to find 50 new
models (male, female and plus size)
to train for the upcoming Caribbean
Resort Styleweek Port-of-Spain.
A release from Coco Velvet said
candidates should be between 13 and
21, confident, personable and willing
to work diligently to reach the top of
the modelling industry.
People interested in attending Fri-
day s screening need not have pre-
vious modelling experience as those
who are selected will get free training
at the Coco Velvet International Fash-
ion Workshop 2014 which will run
from June 15-August 24 at Nalis.
At the end of the training course,
a graduation presentation show called
Makin Style will be held at NAPA
on September 11.
The top models will be awarded
Coco Velvet management contracts
and join the cast of Caribbean Resort
This year, Coco Velvet is partnering
with the Ministry of the Arts and
Multiculturalism for its 2014 Technical
Camp Initiative. The Ministry hopes
the programme will equip participants
with the skill set to manage their own
Coco Velvet s fashion camp facil-
itators will teach participants how to
transform their natural gifts into lucra-
tive careers in the creative sector.
According to the release, the hopefuls
will also be given a realistic view of
the fashion industry and told about
the amount of dedication, sacrifice
and hard work that successful models
put in to get to the top.
Model search on for
New Models Screening:
1 pm---5 pm
Call Backs: 4 pm---6 pm
Male models should wear
fitted jeans and T-shirts.
Female models should wear
light or no make-up. Models,
except girls under 16, should
wear short, fitted garments
and high heels.
For more information visit
Coco Velvet International on
gmail.com or call the Caribbean
Resort Styleweek hotline on
UK-based model Michelene Auguste is one of Coco Velvet's biggest success
stories. PHOTO: COCO VELVET
Links Archive June 11th 2014 June 13th 2014 Navigation Previous Page Next Page