Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : June 27th 2014 Contents A65
Friday, June 27, 2014 www.guardian.co.tt Guardian
EXPORT CENTRES COMPANY LIMITED
Our Mission: To provide a cadre of skilled and qualified craft artisans with the capacity to engage craft entrepreneurial activities.
SECURITY PERSONNEL (Contract)
Job Summary: maintain vigilance of the company's property by carrying out timely patrols of buildings
and compounds. The position also requires the individual to make accurate and timely entries
of all persons and vehicles entering and leaving the compound. The incumbent must possess
good oral and written communication skills.
General Duties & Responsibilities:
• Make timely patrols of compounds
• Check all doors, windows, etc. in order to prevent illegal entry and to secure company's property
• Log names and vehicles numbers of all employees and members of the public entering
and leaving the compound
• Deter admittance of unauthorized persons to the premises
• Report all instances of theft, break-ins etc. to Head Office
• Perform all other related duties and responsibilities
Required Skills & Abilities:
• Ability to think and act quickly in emergencies
• Ability to write accurate reports of incidences
• Ability to work nights or unusual shifts
• Should be in good physical condition
Minimum Qualifications & Experience:
• Three "O" level passes including English Language
• Police certificate of good character and medical fitness certificate
• Two years experience in performing security work
• Any equivalent combination of the above qualifications and experience
PURCHASING OFFICER (CONTRACT)
• Ensuring the efficient and effective creation and maintenance of purchasing policies, procedures and the purchase order reporting
system of the Company.
• Ensuring compliance with relevant policies, procedures and guidelines.
• Developing/improving documents and maintaining the purchasing system, including establishing and maintaining internal
• Negotiating and contracting for the purchase of equipment, raw materials, products and supplies.
• Obtaining information about requirements and stock and determining quantity and quality to be purchased, delivery dates and
other contract conditions.
• Ensuring that all purchasing requests are processed in a timely manner in accordance with policies and procedures.
• Liaising with suppliers to ensure all raw materials and packaging are purchased according to quantity, quality and cost, data entry
of purchase orders
• Verifying requisitions from all departments/centres and prepare purchase orders.
• Preparing requisitions as needed and as instructed by the Chief Executive Officer/Financial Accountant.
• Inputting all purchase orders to the Company's computerized system.
• Flagging possible supply issues to the requisitioning department/centre and advise on appropriate actions as required
• Providing accurate and timely information on the status of purchase requisitions to key stakeholders
• Conducting all relevant follow up activities and maintaining appropriate records
• Receiving and matching supplier invoices to purchase orders raised and submit to Accounts payable for further necessary action.
• Liaising with Accounts Payable regarding outstanding supplier invoices
• Maintaining excel databases and purchasing logs for inventory purposes
• Maintaining and updating an efficient system of the Company's entire inventory stock, including all purchases, distribution and re-
sale of any such stock or equipment.
• Liaise with the inventory staff to maintain stock distribution records.
• Ensuring that adequate inventory levels are maintained.
• Performing other related tasks and responsibilities.
• Advanced Diploma (Level 4/5 CIPS)
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel
• Proficient in Peachtree accounting system
• Working knowledge of accounting procedures and practices
• At least 3 years experience at a Supervisory Level in an accounting/purchasing environment.
• Must be able to communicate effectively both written and orally
• Must be analytical and people-oriented
• Must be a team-player
• Must be able to meet deadlines with the ability to multi-task
• Must exhibit organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to exercise initiative and sound judgment.
• Any combination of the above qualifications and experience
The Human Resource Officer
Export Centres Company Limited
72-73 Eastern Main Road, Mt Hope
Contact Number: 674-0476 ext 30/34
Application Deadline: July7th 2014
MONACO---The International Athletics Federation
will not appeal Tyson Gay s reduced one-year ban
for doping, saying the American anti-doping author-
ities properly handled the former world 100-metre
champion s case.
The 31-year-old Gay, who is set to return from his
suspension in next week s Diamond League meeting
in Lausanne, received a reduced ban for cooperating
with the US Anti-Doping Agency s investigation.
In a brief statement yesterday, the IAAF says the
sanction "was appropriate under the circumstances
and in accordance with IAAF rules. Consequently,
the IAAF decided not to exercise its right of appeal."
The World Anti-Doping Agency decided on June 4
that it would not appeal.
Gay tested positive for an anabolic steroid at the
US championships last year. He was stripped of all
of his results since July 2012. (AP)
MANCHESTER, ENGLAND---Manchester United
signed midfielder Ander Herrera from Athletic Bil-
bao yesterday, the first recruit since Louis van Gaal
took charge of the struggling club. The 24-year-
old Herrera will join on a four-year contract after
he receives an international transfer certificate.
United says it trigged a buyout clause in Herrera s
Herrera will be tasked with helping the 20-time
English champions return to the Premier League s
top four to qualify for the Champions League after
finishing in seventh place last month. United s dire
form in the first season following Alex Ferguson s
retirement led to David Moyes being fired as manager.
Van Gaal was hired last month, but won t take charge
until completing the World Cup with the Nether-
Ryan Giggs, who stayed on as a temporary stint
in charge as assistant manager, said Herrera was
signed for his "great energy and creativity."
"We believe him to be one of the brightest young
prospects in Spain," Giggs said. "I m looking forward
to seeing him in action on our summer tour to Amer-
Man United signs
Links Archive June 26th 2014 June 28th 2014 Navigation Previous Page Next Page