Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : July 7th 2014 Contents A71
Monday, July 7, 2014 www.guardian.co.tt Guardian
NORTH CENTRAL REGIONAL HEALTHAUTHORITY
1. The North-Central Regional Health Authority has authorized tendering for the following:
Name of Tender
Site Visit Date
Closing Date Opening Date Non Refundable
21 - 05/2014 Request for Proposal for Tuesday 15th July Monday 4th Monday 4th TT$300.00
the Supply, Installation
2014 at 10:00am August 2014 August 2014
and Commissioning of
at 2:00 pm
at 2:15 pm
Medical Gas System
All other information
inclusive of Electrical
is included in the
Wiring for Medical Wards, Tender Document
Third Floor Building 18
and 20, Eric Williams
Medical Sciences Complex
and now invites interested firms having representation and service facilities in Trinidad and Tobago to submit their proposals.
2. Tender Documents may be perused at Third Floor, Room 306, Building #39, Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex,
and are available between the hours of 8:00am -12:00pm and 1:00pm - 3:00pm, but may be taken away upon payment
of a non-refundable fee payable by cash or certified cheque to the North-Central Regional Health Authority, at the cashier
Building #39, Second Floor, North-Central Regional Health Authority. The receipt must be attached to the Tender upon
3. Bid Documents would NOT be available after 9:30am on the date of the official site visit.
4. All requests for information and /or clarification shall be addressed to:
The Chairman of the Tenders Committee
c/o Tenders Department
North Central Regional Health Authority
Third Floor, Room 306
Building 39, Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex
Uriah Butler Highway, Champs Fleurs
Tel: (868) 645-2640 ext: 5077
Fax: (868) 645-2640 ext. 5077
5. Tenderers are required to fully complete and return the Tender Form together with the Tender.
6. Tenders must remain valid for a period of at least one hundred and eighty (180) days (6 months) from the closing
date of the Tender and must be accompanied by the following mandatory documents:
Valid Income Tax Certificate;
Valid VAT Clearance Certificate;
Valid NIB Clearance Certificate;
Certificate of Incorporation/ Certificate of Continuance;
2% Bid Security in the form of a bank guarantee or a certified/manger's cheque from a Bank; (Bid Securities
from any other Financial Institutions will NOT be considered).
Tenderers ought to include the following:
The NCRHA Tender Form;
The Price Schedule which must include the Delivery Schedule;
Documentary evidence that the Tenderer is eligible and is qualified to perform the Contract in accordance with
the general conditions if its Tender is accepted;
Two (2) Recent References of Completed Similar Services;
Audited and Certified Financial Statements for the past three years;
Qualification Questionnaire with all attachments;
Tenderers must also provide a copy of NCRHA's Receipt for the procurement of Tender Document;
7. All alterations or erasures in the Tender must be initialled by the person submitting the Tender or in the case of a business
entity, a duly authorised officer thereof.
8. The Bid Security of two percent (2%) of the value tendered (VAT Inclusive) shall be included with the Bid. Such Security
shall be in the form of a bank guarantee or a certified cheque. (Bid Securities from any other Financial Institutions will
NOT be considered).
9. The ORIGINAL AND COPIES OF THE ENTIRE ORIGINAL TENDER SUBMISSION DOCUMENTS must be placed in sealed
envelopes addressed to:
THE CHAIRMAN OF THE TENDERS COMMITTEE
NORTH CENTRAL REGIONAL HEALTH AUTHORITY
BUILDING 39, ERIC WILLIAMS MEDICAL SCIENCES COMPLEX
URIAH BUTLER HIGHWAY, CHAMPS FLEURS
And clearly marked:
Request for Proposal for the Supply, Installation and Commissioning of Medical Gas System inclusive of Electrical
Wiring for Medical Wards, Third Floor Building 18 and 20,
Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex
10. The envelope must be deposited in the Tender Box at the Tenders Department, at the above address no later than
2:00 pm on Monday 4th August 2014. Tenderers will be required to sign a form indicating the date and time of deposit
of the Tender before the deposit of the envelope in the Tender Box.
11. Tenders will be opened publicly at 2:15 pm on the same day in a meeting room on the NCRHA's premises. The Tenderer
or his representative may choose to be present at the opening.
12. The Authority does not bind itself to accept the lowest or any other Tender.
13. The successful Tenderer would be required to furnish a Performance Bond of not less than ten percent (10%) of the
contract price within fourteen (14) days of receiving the letter of award.
14. Late Tenders will not be considered.
15. Failure to comply with any of these instructions may result in the Tender not being considered.
16. The Authority reserves the right to cancel the present Tender in its entirety or partially, without defraying any cost incurred
by any firm in submitting its Tender.
• SPORTIFICATION from Page A70
eventually threw a banana at Alves. In Italy, Mario
Balotteli was subjected to racist taunts by children
while the national team trained prior to the FIFA
World Cup in Brazil.
At the World Cup, fans from Croatia and Russia
displayed anti-Semitic banners in their games against
Brazil and South Korea, respectively. The Russian
fans displayed banners of the Celtic Cross, a symbol
that was used by the neo-Nazis and white suprema-
cists groups throughout the world. Brazilian fans
were also accused at hurling homophobic comments
at the Mexican goalkeeper when the two teams
Luis Suarez was prepared to bite his way through
Italian defender Giorgio Chiellini shoulder in an effort
to earn a decisive win over Italy. FIFA banned Suarez
for four months from all football-related activities
as well as levied a fine of 100,000 Swiss Francs (US$
111,000). It was not the first time that Suarez has
had to be sanctioned for biting.
He served a ten-game ban in the Premier League
in 2013 for biting Chelsea s Branislav Ivanovic and
in 2010 committed a similar offence while playing
for Dutch club Ajax Amsterdam. The Uruguayan
president, Jose Mujica, referred to the ban on Suarez
as a "fascist ban." Suarez s national hero status height-
ened in Uruguay.
Dutch striker Arjen Robben has reinforced his rep-
utation as a "diver" given his antics in Holland s sec-
ond-round match against Mexico. The fact that he
indicated that he did dive in an earlier attempt to
win a penalty kick in the game highlights the extent
players are willing to go in order to win.
At the World Cup in 1982, West Germany s goal-
keeper Harald Schumacher knocked out France s
Patrick Battiston unconscious for 30 minutes with
a reckless tackle to foil a goal scoring opportunity.
At that same World Cup, Austria and West Germany
were accused of conspiring to ensure that they both
qualified for the second round of matches at the
expense of Algeria. These two incidences continue
to haunt Germany s football history.
These acts should not be taken mildly and forgotten.
They should form part of athlete development pro-
grammes. It is important that coaches, managers,
parents and supporters instil the basic ethos of fair
play from early so that it will become habitual not
only their sporting discipline but in every aspect of
It is imperative that what is considered as character
building traits are consistent with what is considered
as acceptable behaviour across every aspect of social
life.Coaches, parents, administrators and everyone
involved in sport directly and indirectly must be pre-
pared to discuss with athletes especially junior athletes
the "rights" and "wrongs" about sport. These dis-
cussions should be open and frank and should incor-
porate real situations which are abounding today in
It is never too early to start talking to youngster
about the ugly side of sport. They should be prepared
for all expectations.
Every practical measure must be ensued to ensure
that unethical acts do not become "normative" in
sports. Additionally, there should not be any hastiness
to put the tag of "role model" on sports personnel
because it may return to "bite us."
Spirit of fair
play must be
Links Archive July 5th 2014 July 8th 2014 Navigation Previous Page Next Page