Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : July 30th 2014 Contents A25
Wednesday, July 30, 2014 www.guardian.co.tt Guardian
We wish to inform the public of a
change in the telephone numbers
for Hudson-Phillips Chambers to
(868) 623-2382 and (868) 625-
9581 with effect from the 28th of
July 2014. From that date the tele-
phone number (868) 627-3451 will
no longer be in effect for tele-
phone access by the public to
members of Hudson-Phillips
The Managing Clerk
Hudson-Phillips Chambers 0728095
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for the temporary posts of Project Officer and Project Manager in
the Caribbean Law Institute Centre (CLIC), at The University of the West Indies, Cave Hill Campus, Barbados. Each con-
tract is for a period of two (2) years, in the first instance, with an option for renewal.
1. Temporary Project Officer
The successful applicant should normally possess an Undergraduate degree in Law, Management, or Social Sciences and
relevant postgraduate qualification. A relevant Project Management qualification such as Project Management Professional
(PMP) certification and experience and experience in providing support to medium to large scale projects will be a distinct
He/she should have:
• Knowledge and understanding of the region and regional organizations (including, but not limited to, CARICOM, OECS,
• Knowledge and understanding of Performance Management Frameworks (PMFs).
• Good understanding of Results Based Management (RBM).
• Good working knowledge of internationally accepted rules governing procurement of goods and services.
• Good communications (oral and written) and presentation skills.
The successful applicant will be expected to assume duties by September 15, 2014 or as soon as possible thereafter.
2. Temporary Project Manager
The successful applicant should normally possess a Post Graduate Degree from a recognized University, with an accept-
able specialization in Economics, Business Administration, Economic and Social Development, Governance, Public
Administration (Public Sector Management), Social Sciences or Education with relevant Project Management qualification
such as Project Management Professional (PMP) certification and experience. Alternatively the successful applicant should
be a graduate of a recognized university with an acceptable specialization augmented with substantial years of relevant
He/she should have:
1. Recent, successful, and significant experience managing a Project Management Unit / Office for a large, complex
(multi-million dollar, multi-year, multi-stakeholder) project, program or institution;
2. Recent experience in establishing or adapting administrative framework and procedures supporting the
administrative functions in a Project Management Unit;
3. Recent and significant experience coordinating multi-stakeholder negotiations or initiatives, preferably in areas
involving regional integration or cooperation;
4. Experience in working with the public service, either as:
a. a mid-level manager or higher in a government ministry or a regional or international organization
b. Manager of a donor funded project or programme; or
c. consultant with significant experience working for the public or private sector;
5. Experience in providing professional advice and analysis to senior management on strategic directions and criti-
cal issues; and in supervising and mentoring staff, writing project reports, facilitating groups, organizing events and
6. Good knowledge and understanding of the region and regional organizations (including, but not limited to, CARI-
COM, OECS, CARIFORUM); good knowledge and understanding of Performance Management Frameworks (PMFs).
7. Good understanding of Results Based Management (RBM) and/or performance management and measuring in
the delivery of programs and activities.
The successful applicant will be expected to assume duties by October 1, 2014 or as soon as possible thereafter.
Detailed applications (two copies) giving full particulars of qualifications and experience, biodata and the names, address-
es (including email) and telephone numbers of three (3) referees (one of whom should be from your present organization)
should be sent as soon as possible to The Assistant Registrar, Human Resources Section, The University of the West
Indies, P.O. Box 64, Bridgetown BB11000, Barbados. Fax (246) 417-0330; Email: email@example.com .
A Job Application Pack with further details is available from our website: http://www.cavehill.uwi.edu/hr/careers.aspx
The closing date for applications is August 18, 2014.
BRUSSELS---Two European Union diplomats say
the bloc is adopting tough new economic sanctions
against Russia for its support of rebels fighting in
The diplomats told the Associated Press the meas-
ures approved include an arms embargo, a ban on
the sale of dual use and sensitive technologies, and
a ban on the sale of bonds and equities by state-
owned Russian banks in European capital markets.
They spoke on condition of anonymity because
they were not authorized to comment publicly on
The measures were decided at a meeting of EU
Another EU official said the ambassadors also
added eight names to the list of people subject to
EU-wide asset freezes and travel bans, including four
people close to Russian President Vladimir Putin.
EU adopts tough
new sanctions on
Have an opinion?
Log on to guardian.co.tt
and post your comments
Links Archive July 29th 2014 July 31st 2014 Navigation Previous Page Next Page