Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : August 1st 2014 Contents Friday, August 1, 2014 www.guardian.co.tt Guardian
Distance travelled within 1 floor =
Distance travelled within 8 floors =
Answer: 40 m
of take away 4 is add 4 to cancel
43. Income tax =
15/100 x $36000/1 = $5 400
Answer: $5 400.00
44. a. Answer: 6 times
b. 0 times absent is 6 students
Answer: 6 students
c. Answer: 1 day
45. No. of spaces for the smaller angle
No. of spaces for the larger angle =
Size of 1 space = 360 degrees
Divided by 12 = 30 degrees
210 degrees reflex angle
Answer: reflex angle
46. No. of necklaces for $11.95 = 1
No. of necklaces for $501.90 =
$501.90 divided by $11.95 = 42
Answer: 42 necklaces
9. frisky pet
10. mischievous monkey
11. unpredictable (weather)
16. Five huge fishes were caught in
the river by the boys .
17. The top prize had been received
by Denise on Sports Day.
18. Ten dollars were given to David
by Mummy to purchase some
19. real; (really)
20. advice; (advise) - The verb is
21. each; one another (used with
more than two persons.)
22. last week newspaper; (last
23. FAIL One should never be
discourage by failure.
24. GRAND We were amazed by
the grandeur of the
25. There has been a great quantity
of locally grown vegetables in
the markets this year.
26. The witnesses to the accident
failed to give an exact descrip-
tion of the event.
27. The speed of the aeroplane in-
creased as it climbed.
28. I was delighted for having the
priveledge to speak at our gradu-
ation on behalf of the student
29. The Building Inspector is respon-
sible for the mentenance of the
school building. maintenance
30. The tourists sang and danced to
the rythum of the steel-pan.
31. "It's raining heavily
and the drains are
flooded, " said our
32. "When are you leaving
for Jamaica, Marci?"
asked Mrs. Jones.
33.Miss Smith, who lives
next door to me, is
this country's first
34.Our flight to Miami
was cancelled, so we
stayed overnight in
a guest house.
35. Many pelicans, seagulls,
terns and egrets have
built thier nests in
the abandoned boat.
36. The Taipei 101 building is located
in the country of Taiwan.
37. (a). completed - ended; finished;
(b). designed - planned
(c). counteracts - works against;
38. According to the passage, the
number eight is a homophone
for "prosperous growth" in the
39. The phrase,"the damper located
near the top of the building
counteracts swaying during
earthquakes and typhoons", sug-
gests that there is a device on
the building that protects it from
the effects of earthquakes and
40. "Taipei 101, Taiwan tallest build-
ing," is suitable title for the pas-
41. The poet compared Trinidad to
the Garden of Eden (as stated in
43. The 'scarlet glory' mentioned in
Line 5 is most likely the flower of
the immortelle plant.
44. The poet most likely referred to
the sugar cane plantations as
'waving' because when the wind
(breeze) passes through the
sugar plantation the leaves ap-
pear to move like human hands
that are waving.
45. The poet most likely described
Trinidad as 'this fragrant island'
due to the amount of flowers,
(which are sweet smelling),
present on the island.
46. The poem reflects a very pleas-
ant (relaxing) mood.
46. The name of the cruise ship is,
"The Floating Holiday City."
47. People can make reservations to
go on the cruise via telephone or
48. The cruise ship would most likely
return from the cruise on Sun-
day April 29, 2012.
49. The phrase "double occupancy"
suggests that there is accom-
modation for two persons in a
50. The phrase "all inclusive" sug-
gests that the cost advertised
caters for all the services you
could get on the cruise (there
are no additional costs for any-
Links Archive July 31st 2014 August 2nd 2014 Navigation Previous Page Next Page