Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : August 1st 2014 Contents (of Jus Now Productions) did the
music and we spit some lyrics,"
The result is a song called Wants
and Needs, which is on Jus Now's
Chatelal revealed that when
Trinidad James returned this year
they hooked up again to records
two more songs: a reggae song
and a hip hop track.
Trinidad James has since invited
him to Atlanta to work on more
songs and Chatelal plans to spend
some time there later this year on
Stating that he just wants to
make music that satisfies, Chatelal
said he has a vast repertoire of
music under his belt: Indian classi-
cal, Indian pop, Western classical,
Western pop, hip hop and soca.
On the soca front he recently
recorded a song with Sheriff of
Black Ice studio, the producer of
Bunji's wildly successful
Differentology and is expected to
go into studio soon with Olatunji.
He even sees an album in his
future but described his own
sound as more World Music.
"World music gives me wide
room for interpretation," he said.
such as John Legend, Jah Cure and
He has also collaborated with
Isaac Blackman on a song called
Sweet Music for the International
Year of Cooperatives. The song, he
said, won an award for Best
Campaign and they were invited to
the United Nations Headquarters
in New York to perform it in 2012.
A performance at Woodford
Café caught Machel Montano's
"Some national pride was build-
ing in me and I was thinking of
awesome things we have in
Trinidad and Tobago, so many
things that put us on the map. I
wrote Wonders of this World and
thought it'd be nice to have Machel
on the song. At the time he was
having the idea to do the album
Going for Gold."
After Rising Stars, Chatelal left
his job at CAL to pursue music full
time. He won the Tenor solo cate-
gory in the 2012 Music Festival
and this past January, he enrolled
at the National Academy for
Performing Arts (NAPA) to do a
diploma in music performance with
a specialisation in Western
• October - Digicel Rising Stars
• November - Left job at Caribbean
Airlines to start full time career as a
• January - Started 'Artist Diploma in
Music Performance' at UTT's
Academy for the Performing Arts.
• Opened for World renowned
Bollywood Playback singers: Rahat
Fateh Ali Khan, Anup Jalota, Kumar
• Started Singing Part time with KI
and his band 3Veni.
• Received a National Youth Action
Committee (NYAC) Award - Top 20
Stars of Tomorrow 2011.
• T&T's Biennial Music Festival
Winner (Tenor Solo Category).
• Joined Operatic Crossover group:
• Golden Jubilee Visit - The Royal
visit of the Earl and Countess of
• Performance at United Nations
Headquarters with Isaac Blackman
for IYC 2012.
• 50th Independence Concert Series
featuring Neval Chatelal - Wonders
of this World Release.
• Collaborated with Machel Montano
(Wonders of this World) - Going for
• National Day of Prayer.
• Spirit of Sport Awards.
• Tobago Jazz.
• UNESCO Reception.
• An Evening with Paul Keens
• Machel Monday.
• 'Our Tourism' Launch.
• Graduated from the Artist Diploma
with a 4.0 GPA.
• 14th Caribbean Conference on
• Caricom Energy Week.
• Designated 'National Patriotism
Champion' - Ministry of National
• Youth Justice Policy Campaign -
Ministry of Justice.
• State Visit by President of China.
• 9th China International Folk Art
Festival with National Steel
• Neval in NYC Concert at Resort's
• Opened for John Legend with Ki and
3Veni in Guyana.
• Opened the Carnival King and
Queen Finals - Carnival Friday.
• Opened for Sean Paul and Jah Cure
with Ki and 3Veni in Guyana.
• Partnered with Non-profit Org:
Youth With a Vision (YWAV) to
present and produce Neval Chatelal
in Concert at SAPA featuring a
• New music releases including col-
laboration with Trinidad James.
• Caribana 2014.
• Feature Concerts Abroad.
• Performance with Quatro Musica
for Malala Visit.
• Neval Chatelal in Concert at NAP.
Links Archive July 31st 2014 August 2nd 2014 Navigation Previous Page Next Page