Home' Trinidad and Tobago Guardian : August 7th 2014 Contents A42
Guardian www.guardian.co.tt Thursday, August 7, 2014
Community Consultation for Progress
Ground 2, Skinner Park,
San Fernando on Thursday,
7th August 2014 at 6.30 p.m.
Agenda: The Development & Usage of
Footballers, Cyclists, Joggers, Sporting
Enthusiasts, Entertainers, Cultural and
Event Promotes, Residents and all other
concerned citizens... bring your ideas,
proposals and let's talk..
This is an Initiative of the Mayor,
Aldermen and Councillors of the
City of San Fernando
For More Information, Please Contact:
The Internal Auditor assesses and reports on the appropriateness, effectiveness, and efficiency of the
system of internal control, and determines whether governance processes ensure compliance with
policies, standards, procedures, applicable laws and regulations. The Internal Auditor analyses business
processes to help management understand strategic risks; identify cost savings and improvements in
operational effectiveness and efficiency.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Plan, organize, execute and review financial, compliance and operational audits.
• Administers the design, planning, scheduling and implementation of complex organization-wide audits
with minimal direction.
• Develop the annual risk-based internal audit plan and submit to management for input and the Audit
Committee for approval.
• Plan and set priorities on the detailed audit work, both financial and operational.
• Conduct pre-audit research to obtain basic understanding of the role and function of the activity to be
• Identify risk areas and related controls and prepare detailed risk-based audit programme inclusive of
the scope and objectives.
• Document all test results and evaluate to determine adequacy and effectiveness of controls.
• Complete and evaluate audit results and ensure documentation is clear, concise and in accordance
with the Institute of Internal Auditors' Standards.
• Prepare written communications such as audit reports, correspondence, memos, and other working
papers that document the procedures performed, findings, and recommendations.
• Prepare and/or present periodic Audit Committee/Management status reports on actual activity
against planned and reasons for any variance.
• Attend Audit Committee meetings.
Education, Qualification and Experience Requirements
• Bachelor's degree in accounting, business management, finance, ACCA, CIMA, CPA or CGA.
• Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) designation is preferred.
• Minimum of 10 years audit experience in reviewing and analysing financial and operation processes,
compliance reviews and fraud investigations.
• Equivalent combination of qualification and experience will be considered.
THE HUMAN RESOURCE DEPARTMENT
National Infrastructure Development Co. Ltd (NIDCO)
No. 3 Melbourne Street, Port of Spain
CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIPT
OF APPLICATIONS IS
WEDNESDAY 13TH AUGUST, 2014.
Unsuitable applications will not be
The National Infrastructure Development Company Limited (NIDCO) is a Special Purpose State Enterprise established
by the Government of Trinidad and Tobago to manage the delivery of assigned infrastructure projects in the drainage
and flood control, reclamation, highway and transportation sectors. The company is responsible for the provision of
project management services, procurement of consultants and contractors, oversight of project execution within
agreed time, cost and quality parameters.
BERLIN---The Swiss Parliament says it has sus-
pended an employee after a naked picture she took
of herself at work found its way into the media.
The Parliament said yesterday that the woman,
whom it didn t identify, was suspended with imme-
diate effect "until the facts are cleared up."
It said the picture was published by "various media"
and the decision to order the employee suspended
was taken in the interest of upholding the good rep-
utation of the Parliament and its services. It didn t
specify what the suspended employee s job was.
Swiss media yesterday published several pictures
of a naked or lightly clad woman they say worked
as a secretary at the Parliament. It wasn t clear which
picture had been shot at the Parliament. (AP)
A woman selects apples to
buy at a supermarket in
Warsaw, Poland, yesterday.
Fruit farmers yesterday
marched in the city to
encourage Poles to eat more
apples in order to offset the
expected negative effects of
a ban that Russia imposed
last week on Polish fruit, a
move seen as retaliation for
European Union sanctions on
Moscow over Ukraine. Poland
is among Russia's largest
suppliers of apples. AP PHOTO
GOOD POLISH APPLES
Links Archive August 6th 2014 August 8th 2014 Navigation Previous Page Next Page